Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, July 24, 2015

A Time for Truth by Ted Cruz

I usually don't put anything religious or political on my blog, but the next election appears to be heating up already, with Donald Trump dominating the news lately. I found Ted Cruz's book, A Time for Truth at the local library and decided to start reading about the candidates, starting with one from my home state of Texas.

The beginning is somewhat autobiographical about his birth in Canada to a Cuban father and an American mother. (There is some dispute about whether he is eligible to run). Most of the book, however, is about the goings on in the government and his role as Senator and before that his rise through the Texas state government (solicitor general). His role models appear to be Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher.


I found the book an interesting look into the government and the explanation of some of the events that we were kept in the dark about by the media.
There is no doubt that Ted Cruz is passionate about what he stands for.