Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, May 22, 2015

Scribbler of Dreams by Mary E. Pearson

I'll start off by saying Scribbler of Dreams is a YA book and not a genre I normally read. I received it as a gift - part of a promotion by the library. Nevertheless, I was intrigued by the Romeo and Juliet type story. Except Romeo (Bram) was unaware of the part he was playing. It was a book I couldn't put down with all the aspects of young love, family squabbles and sibling rivalry thrown in. But the underlying part of the story is forgiveness.  Mary E. Pearson is a talented writer and YA might be a genre that I'll explore more this year.

Seventeen-year-old Kaitlin Malone was born to hate the Crutchfields.
The hatred her family has harbored for generations is the one thing she can count on--and the very thing she believes will sustain her now that her father has been imprisoned for murdering Robert Crutchfield.
But then Kaitlin stumbles on a rare opportunity to walk in the enemy's shoes and what she discovers rocks the foundation of her entire world.