Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, June 20, 2014

Rosemary Cottage by Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble will keep you guessing about several mysteries throughout her book Rosemary Cottage and who could resist a story setting around a beach cottage on an Outer Banks island. The story follows several islanders,and visitors to the island, whose lives seem intertwined. Ms. Coble does a great job at keeping the reader interested in the story and the lives of those who call Hope Island home.

From the cover:
The charming Rosemary Cottage on the beach offers Amy Lange respite she needs to mourn her brother, Ben. She's even thinking of moving her midwife practice to the Outer Banks community. It's always been a refuge for her and her family. She also wants to investigate Ben's disappearance at sea. Everyone blames a surfing accident, but Amy has reason to Wonder.

My thoughts:
I loved the setting. The descriptions of the location and smells of the ocean made me feel I was there on a windswept beach. At the beginning a lot of characters were introduced and I did get a little confused, but it didn't take long to sort everyone out and their connections to each other. I'm looking forward to reading more of Colleen Coble's novels. This would be a good summer read.