Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, November 29, 2013

Sarah's Window by Janice Graham

Sarah's Window by Janice Graham is described as romantic drama and the first book I have read by Ms. Graham.

From the cover:
The story of an encounter between a young woman bound to a place by ghosts of a tragic past and an exceptional man who settles there for a short while. . .

My thoughts:
Sarah Bryden, a waitress at a local cafe, meets a young physicist with an adopted son that his wife cannot manage to take care of. Sarah is drawn to the child and immediately shows her maternal instincts. The setting for this story of love, romance, and loss is the Kansas prairie. I enjoyed the writing and the setting descriptions were wonderful. There are many well developed characters that are interspersed and whose lives intertwine with Sarah.